Position: Manager, Business Development
Reports To: Joel Roberts – Director, Business Dev.
Location: Toronto, Ontario
SPONSORSHIP CANADA is an operating division of REVXM Inc, a subsidiary of the XMC Group of Companies.
We are Canada’s leading experts at providing sponsorship and naming rights valuation intelligence to properties seeking to generate new revenue streams. We passionately believe in the power and business building benefit that sponsorship and naming rights partnerships can deliver for our clients. Our exceptional team is committed to creating sponsorship sales strategies and solutions in collaboration with our business partners.
▪ Asset ideation and creation
WE ARE TRUSTED BUSINESS PARTNERS. Since our inception, the founders and principals have been driven to work as valued business development partners with our clients. Our team of sales professionals has provided naming rights counsel, sponsorship sales and valuation services for some of Canada’s largest sports, arts, cultural, philanthropic and entertainment properties. Recent successes include the 16-year $21,000,000 naming agreement for the new Massey Hall/Allied Music Centre that was announced in December.
How we work:
▪ An entrepreneurial organization that is inspired by curiosity and creativity but is driven by results. We provide the opportunity to continuously innovate and improve in a collaborative, inclusive, fast paced flexible and high-trust environment. We love the grind but also enjoy the social aspect of being a tight knit team.
What we value:
▪ Bold, curious and innovative client-focused growth initiatives with a commitment to exceed expectations and deliver results.
Our work environment:
▪ A diverse, positive and casual atmosphere where people are professional and passionate about their work. This is a proud and committed team who are recognized for their contributions and where constant learning is encouraged and where success is celebrated. We are nimble and always looking for the next opportunity.
Reporting to the business leader, the individual will have accountability and responsibility for most aspects of the sales function including lead generation, outreach, pipeline management, client presentation and execution.
You will be responsible for developing and driving strategic partnerships with sports, entertainment and cultural properties, generating new revenue streams and fully leveraging the brand equity of clients through sponsorship opportunities while promoting Sponsorship Canada as a partner of choice. You will be active on all day to day external third-party sales, negotiations and agreement preparation.
In addition to operating at a strategic level, your key focus will be lead generation and creating sales opportunities for our external properties. The Manager, Business Development will be an active member of a close-knit team and work closely with all functions of the business.
You are comfortable operating in an entrepreneurial organization where you will have significant influence on the future success of the business. You are a top performer in your current role and have a proven track record of developing new business. You are recognized for connecting key brands to properties that advance business objectives and you already have nurtured strong industry connections and desire more. Your energy and enthusiasm are infectious. People enjoy being around you because you are friendly, confident and approachable. You possess a unique blend of technical sales skills, business savvy, creativity, superior relationship building skills with a proven track record for creating sales opportunities.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS, SKILLS AND PERSONAL TRAITS
▪ Minimum 5 to 8 years of progressive sponsorship sales and partnership experience gained primarily with a business involved in sponsorship, sports, arts and culture or entertainment properties.
▪ Undergraduate degree or diploma, preferably in Business Administration, Sports Management or a related field.
▪ Proven new business development, sales and customer service expertise in the sponsorship and media field. Has the ability to hit the ground running and aggressively increase revenue while developing strong relationships.
▪ Extensive experience and knowledge of the Canadian sponsorship landscape and the leading businesses in each vertical. You have key contacts and/or relationships with key decision makers at Canadian organizations that are currently worldwide sponsors, national partners, official supporters or suppliers to sport/entertainment in Canada.
▪ A digger and a driver. Competitive and goal-oriented, sets high standards and is driven to achieve results.
▪ Polished and advanced verbal, written and presentation skills.
▪ Exceptional communications skills to represent the brand, properties and growth potential of our partners.
▪ Understands the value of being a good listener and is highly effective in a role requiring strong influence, negotiation and presentation skills. Engages people with a genuine point of view and is convincing from start to finish.
▪ Relates well to a wide range of people. Has excellent relationship-building skills and can leverage his/her network and reputation in support of the organization’s objectives.
▪ Collaborates effectively at all levels of the organization.
▪ Entrepreneurial and resourceful.
▪ Confident, motivated, goal-oriented and persistent. Has strength of character and commitment to the highest standards of professional and work ethics which instills trust both internally and externally.
▪ A passionate and inspiring colleague that can infuse spirit and works well in an environment that encourages others to achieve outstanding results.
▪ Has the energy and passion to invest what it takes to deliver, day in and day out.
▪ Self-starter and must be results-oriented. You must LOVE to sell or this is not for you.
For more information or to apply please contact us at: email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: June 16th, 5 pm EST
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Sponsorship Canada will provide reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, please advise us in your application.